1.22.2010

Things that make you happy just because...

You know how there are those little (sometimes obscure) things in everyday life that make you happy or content just because? I'm talking specifically about those things that are at times difficult to explain to someone else why exactly you get so much satisfaction from them (kind of like a friend who you just like being around because they are them).

Well, I think it's important to recognize those things and if they aren't impossible to have in your everyday life, important to let yourself enjoy!

You can laugh if you want, but one of those tiny little things for me is the kind of pen I use to write with. Not saying I HAVE to use a specific pen (I'm not a pen snob by any means), but I like certain kinds. Some kinds just feel right (write). One kind in particular that I adore is LePen (as seen here).

They come in lots of different colors and make writing more exciting and fun (beyond the scope of black and blue) for me. In case you were wondering...I am partial to the grey, hunter green and red. Trust me, the way the ink slides on to the paper, it's lovely. If you need to get some writing done, I can guarantee these suckers help (at least to get you started). Thing is, those who prefer the classic bic style might not find the joy in these.

Maybe people hardly even use pens any more?...iphones, imacs and blackberries may have taken their place, but for me there's nothing quite like the feeling of writing on a piece of paper or in a journal. I'm a kinesthetic learner, so I like to write out things and make lists too. It helps me remember important things.


Other things I like just because...I forget where I found this photo above, but it makes me happy every time I see it...not much to explain. It's magical and I love the glintering light and the fact that they are hearts. It reminds me of the crystal prisms that my mom had in the kitchen when I was little and the way I felt in awe and so fascinated with all the colors and shapes they would make on the walls and ceilings every morning and afternoon.

This photo taken in London...to the outside eye, it's nothing special, but to me it is the shadows of my beloved singing group when we were on tour last year. I miss them and the way they made me feel truly a part of something. I don't get to see these very special people everyday like before, but their impressions will always be with me and in my heart. It reminds me of the feeling I had walking across the bridge with them, a feeling that was good, just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment