3.04.2009

I am grateful for...

This might sound incredibly cheesy and as if spouted from a self-help book, but lately i've been trying to be more positive and grateful in my everyday life, as opposed to getting sucked into the sometimes dreary mindset of the times. It's not a call for ignorance for what is going on (I realize it is a hard time for many), but more of an intention to be more present with all that I do have... The lovely people I get to be surrounded by each day and the simpler, subtler things and experiences that bring me joy. It really does make things more pleasant and practicing it shakes me out of the default of negativity or disappointment.


If this doesn't make you smile, maybe you should check your heartbeat. {image}

You don't have to be happy all the time (that's just unrealistic), but narrowing in on little things that can bring you contentment can be a huge help. {Sorry Steph, I know you don't like birds...just pretend it's something else!}

I'm trying to keep up my practice by writing down a short list of things I am grateful for, right then and there. My list from last night:

-Health insurance! (my broken foot bone is sure appreciative of this)
-Kind doctors that are honest and good
-My warm and cozy bed that I am about to drift off to sleep in
-Saying goodnight and sweet dreams to all my housemates (and really meaning it)
-Chatting on the phone with my mama
-Hot Tazo Passion tea before bed
-The sun after a snow day
-Sweet music to listen to at the end of the day
-The softest, coziest sleep shirt in the world (I never want to take it off)

No comments:

Post a Comment