12.21.2009

Sight #8: I have a new...


BABY! (Errm...Camera)

Some special people that I am very lucky to know gave it to me for Christmas (wowza!). I have a feeling that it is going to make the whole thing of capturing 11 senses a little bit sweeter.


In its first few days of life, my baby (camera), has already been on a trip across the country and in two of my most favorite cities (New York and San Francisco). Ill give you a little peek at what we've seen!

Roses in my apartment (courtesy of a very nice gentleman, my roommate Leah's..."Special Friend").

Old friends in new places.

Brooklyn recuperation and hanging.

[I packed it back up in its box for the trip across! Safety is key.] Jump forward and 3000 miles later...

Christmas lunch with the females of the family in North Beach neighborhood in San Francisco.

Mom's Oso Bucco over creamy polenta.

My Grandmother with Coit Tower in the background. She told us she used to go there and "smooch" with my Grandfather when they were dating. (My cousins and I couldn't help but giggle, she never told us that before).

North Beach neighborhood.

St. Peter & Paul Church in North Beach Washington Square...where the majority of my family (on my mom's side) has gotten married. My Aunt tried to convince me how nice it would be to have a traditional wedding there...thanks, but no thanks! It sure is beautiful though.

Two angels. Gran showing us how they used to get the holy water and cross themselves.

North Beach cafe...looks straight out of an Italian city.

My gorgeous cousin indulging my new street style photo snapping habits. (She said I looked cool, so I am hoping she wasn't just saying that. I was a little worried I might look like a poser carrying around my new cam).

Stella's Pastry is an institution in North Beach. It's been there forever.


Afternoon cappuccino and eclair. Yes please. Mmhmm.

More little chic cafes that have been around much longer than I have.


Saturday outdoor brunch is always a good idea.

Walking back to the car, we passed through a wedding about to begin at the cathedral.


Bougainvillea is one of my favorite vines to find growing up charming city apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment