1.30.2009

Pain (nociception) #1: To the class of '09


{Reform School Rules}

Perhaps posting this under "pain" is a bit over-dramatic, but as second semester has gotten underway, I have noticed an increase in the underlying feelings of uncertainty, self-doubt and panic in many of the 2009 senior class. Soon we will be released from the comforts of a pre-destined road through academia into the real world, and for the first time in our lives there is no one really telling us where to go next (theoretically).

Personally, I waiver somewhere between pure excitement at the opportunity to do anything I want, and being completely overwhelmed and terrified at choosing directions and making decisions. Regardless of which end of the spectrum I am pulled toward in any particular moment, I realize that I just need to keep moving forward so that I don't succumb to the fear inside that tells me to curl up in fetal position and close my eyes. To remind myself of this, I have found these charming posters and prints. The "Carry On" one is actually a WWII era vintage reproduction, and the "Rock On" is a cool revamp of the wise phrase. I printed one out and taped it above my door. Feel free to follow along, there is plenty of uncertainty in the world, not just for 2009 graduates. In the mean time, try your best to carry on and especially, rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment