1.31.2009

Taste #1: Easy Gourmet

Greatest round bread ever!
{Image from here}


Things with cheese generally make my mouth very happy.

Regardless of if you are a football fan, it's hard to miss the fact that tomorrow is the Super Bowl. However you plan to spend your Sunday, perhaps it will involve some yummy munchies? I thought perhaps I could start off my first taste post with a really simple (truly), yet ridiculously delicious appetizer that can be made for just about any occasion. Depending on how you present it, you can dress it up or down (kind of like a little black dress)--either way, it generally always tastes wonderful and fancy (even though it's not).

My mom (the alchemist from whom I learned this), always gets compliments on it and people often ask her what her secret is. Seeing as there are only three ingredients, we always giggle about the fuss. So here it is, it takes about five minutes to prep:

-1 round baguette (it really doesn't matter what kind)
-bruschetta sauce (Trader Joe's has this, but many other grocery stores carry similar products)
-1 wedge of brie

a) Cut the top 1/4th off of the round baguette
b) Digg/scoop out the inside of the baguette (so it looks like a "soup in a bread bowl" bowl)
c) Alternate layers of hunks of brie and the bruschetta sauce until the bread "bowl" is filled
(at this point, you are essentially done, so you can bake it immediately, or save it for later)
d) Put the "top" of the bread bowl back on and wrap the loveliness in tin-foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees! Voilá!

Pac man brie?! Excellent.
{Image from here}


Admittedly, this is quite cheeeeesy (hah), but kind of cute.
{Image from here}

My friends and I are having a sort of girly "we are going to pretend to be watching the game" event, thinly disguised as just an excuse to hang out together. I think I might just have to bring this along...

No comments:

Post a Comment