11.19.2009

Sense of time: It Passes

{image}

The last post was over six months ago...half a year! Oh boy. Well folks, I apologize for the gaping hole of time in this bloggy. Things have "slowed down" (as much as is ever possible), and I suppose that I am now relatively in one place...and not on the road. I will try to catch up! But life moves forward and we see things and learn things and meet things (people, experiences, hard times, good times, etc...).


So anyways, I have gotten some requests (some of them clenched jaw warnings "you better do your blog!"...or else!) for me to get this thing back into gear. Should we have a go? For your viewing pleasure (if you'd like), I'll include a few things I have seen as time has passed since I last posted. The sense of time is such a funny thing for us humans. Sometimes we can be very aware of it and other times, not at all.

{image}

{image from here}

The space in between and having the opportunity to reflect on what time has brought seems to be what makes an experience whole and rich and real.

The adventure of two.


The road...
(We may have even been listening to "On the Road" book-on-tape at the time!)



Chris Ayer. Los Angeles.


Band room in the back of a bar/venue in North Carolina. Bands/musicians like their stickers...and they like to make sure you know they were there. Marking of the tour trail.


Band rehearsing in Nashville.


Showtime!

They call it soda pop down in the South...

Horse drawn things remind me of simpler times ('cause you know, obviously I remember those days...)

Green green room. Virginia.


New York City...you have your way.


Subway love.


Colorado mountain town that looked like a movie set. That sky is real.

Pirates! (In a landlocked state, mind you. They are magical)

The Aspen trees near Aspen, CO. I love the leaves and the sound they make in the wind...and the silky white trunks and roots.




Did you know if you pour water on the Continental divide, it will travel to both the Atlantic and Pacific ocean? Yeah...I didn't either. Thank you, Chris, for this demonstration.

The Rockies have more than just rocks.


News anchors have to wake up really early!


Parking lots are a good time in a Utah summer.


We take our breakfasts seriously. Seriously.


Texas sunrise just over the Mexican border.


World, can you hear me? I'll sing to you.


San Diego sunset.


Happened upon an enchantingly sweet and romantic wedding. Half Moon Bay, CA.


Surprisingly, I don't mind that this is what my life has been like.


Chris Ayer Tour 2009

Hope you are all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment