2.23.2010

Buying things from the Civil War...good, or bad idea?

Well, I bought something that has been made since the Civil War. I figured, if they have lasted and been around this long...then they might be as good as I have heard they are...FRYE boots.

My lovely friend Leah and I took the plunge and purchased (on sale) pairs of FRYE boots this weekend. She has been telling me for over two years how much she wants them and I divulged to her that I had been eyeing them for a while now too (she burst out laughing in her signature silent crows feet laughter when I admitted this). We now have friend boots, as we are calling them.

I swear, I had no idea (pre-purchase) how romantic and nice their editorial/advertising photos were. I am such a sucker for these types of things. It was only after the fact that I saw...I promise.


Could this be considered propaganda?



I mean, really...

They are supposed to last "your whole life"...we will see about that. Right now I am focused on breaking them in and I think it's a situation where delayed gratification is going to come in handy. I'm very happy with my purchase (and probably only purchase for quite a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment