2.24.2010


Recently, my dear Father asked me what my goals were. Like life-goals goals. I realize he was asking from a place of love and curiosity of where my head is at, but at the time I was a little annoyed (it was also 6am in the morning and he was driving me to the airport to go back to where I live in New York City). What do you meeean, goals? So anyways, I don't know if this is really what he was asking, but here is what I came up with recently. I need goals, right? Some are concrete and some are not at all.

{images}

1. Ride a Vespa around a sea-side city.

2. Eat a mango sitting in a mango tree in the jungle somewhere and then jump into the ocean to wash off the juicy sweetness.

3. Help other people see all of the beautiful parts of themselves and deal with the broken parts in productive ways.


4. Open a cafe. Where a community can come together, meet, greet, eat and feel at peace (at least for that moment)


5. Have a big porch to sit out on during my two favorite times of day...early morning and dusk...and sing songs with people I love.

6. Appreciate beautiful things and not feel silly doing so (hey blog).

7. Make up an original recipe that is then know amongst my friends and family as "Morgan's _______" and have people ask me to make it for occasions and have it go down in history. (It better be good, huh?)

8. Keep doing things that scare me a bit...calculated risks.

9. Never stop laughing (my real laugh).


10. Let the people I love and care about most know how special they are to me and how often I think of them.


11. Speak up. And also have the experience of feeling truly speechless a few times.


12. Be patient with myself and not worry so much about what other people think.


13. Be good to my family and parents, who have been so good to me, my whole life.


14. Sing a child (maybe my own, who knows?) to sleep with an original lullabye.


15. Make someone as happy as they make me, just by them being them, and me just being me.

16. Take breathtaking pictures.

17. Have goals, but not let them swallow me. Try my very best to live within the moment, but remember the past and keep a half-eye towards the future.












2 comments:

  1. Morgan Holland, you are such a deeply thoughtful, caring, sensual being. We are beyond proud and blessed to be part of your tribe. Love you, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Mama Holland says, Mo. And I think you are well on your way to accomplishing the majority of those goals. Can I join you in the mango tree?

    ReplyDelete