2.09.2009

Direction (magnetoception) #1: London town

Anglophilia: a fondness for British culture and Britian in general...
Such a distinct and gorgeous skyline...

About a month ago, some of my singing friends and I took a grand tour of London (and some of the charming outskirts). We sang lots of places, from schools and homes to the streets of London and even Westminster Abbey...By the end of our adventures, we had sang our little hearts (and voices) out and had created some wonderfully funny memories together. We were all smitten with London and shared in our sadness when it came time to leave.
My friend Speed took some wonderful photos while there and I wanted to post some of them...

Beautiful morning shot of the London Eye and the River Thames...

How clever those Brits can be...

Some of my favorite people's shadows...crossing over from Waterloo station.

~|~

Before leaving, my dear friend Liz told me about a fantastic London favorite of hers called Ottolenghi. Although I did not get the chance to visit it and sample the delicious, incredible looking foods, I heard plenty about it (I even stumbled upon the brand new Ottolenghi cookbook at the home we were staying in!). I really regret not having had the opportunity to get there, but all the better to look forward to for next time! Most of the photos of this place please my aesthetic eye as well as make my mouth water.

Gah! As if the storefront isn't already charming enough...the matching mini cooper too!! {image found here}

There are now four locations of this successful, adorable place: Notting Hill, Kensington, Islington, and Belgravia. {image found here}

No words tasty enough to describe this window display. {image found here}

Liz (whose palette I very much trust) said that their fresh salads and prepared foods were to die for. {image}

This is from the Ottolenghi blog, about their philosophy:

"Our food is familiar and straight forward, yet highly innovative. It is familiar because it is personal. It is made and served by a group of people who love preparing food as well as indulging in it, gorging on it, chatting about it endlessly. It is a way of life, somewhere between a healthy obsession and a bad habit we can’t kick."

Swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment