2.11.2009

Kinesthetic #1: How many moleskines do I have?

I think I must own around seven different moleskine notebooks. What's a girl to do? I have a journal, a weekly planner, a small "inspiration notebook" that I carry with me at all times, I have the journalist flip-up notepad, a city notebook, and the newest addition to the moleskine family--plain note-taking notebooks. It almost makes my head spin, except that I love moleskines (bordering obsessed)...and they are all different, so I can tell them apart. They also have distinct and unique functions in my life.

I am making this post "kinesthetic" because I like the feel of moleskines, I like the way they smell, the way a pen or pencil writes on them...pretty much everything. I like how they are classic and clean looking, basic and hardy. I am also a little bit enchanted with the "moleskine history" insert that comes inside the books. Perhaps I am just a sucker, or a really good brand loyalist.
{image found here}

These are the new colored, "plain" notebooks that moleskine has recently come out with. I really like the colors they chose, and the two-book packs have two different shades (helpful to distinguish what you keep in each). I bought them to use for my class notes and they are pretty much the reason I so eagerly take notes each day. They are also great just to have in your bag, to stay organized or just for writing down notes, to-do lists, poems, songs, an address, an inspiring quote...the possibilities are truly endless.
{image found here}

I am also a fan of The City Notebooks, which come with a map of the particular city that you purchase--often with the public transportation info and other important city tid-bits. I saw someone who kept notes about each city and glued in cut-outs of restaurants, hotels, cafes and shops that they liked for when they go back for another visit.


Perhaps I should steer clear of the alluring moleskine notebook stands for awhile...at least until I fill up the ones I already have. Not saying that you should steer clear, definitely check them out if you have not already.

1 comment:

  1. At the moment I am writing my airline info in my Barcelona moleskine, with my yellow songbits one peeking out at me from my bookbag. Try rubbing it on your face; you won´t be sorry.

    ReplyDelete