2.04.2009

Taste #2: True Grounds...A favorite spot

Take a peek into a cool place that I adore... {image}

I am quite partial to True Ground's lattes and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins...{image}

Mismatched tables makes for an ecclectic, cozy feel. The checkered table is hot real estate come Sunday mornings...{image}

Menu recommendation: the pearson sandwich = turkey, fresh buffalo mozzarella, pesto, green apple, toasted to perfection...many have swooned at their first bite. {image}

The Chai here is stellar. It's still sweet and delicious, but not the sugary/ less-than-authentic kind from Starbucks. Hot or Iced, I could drink one of these just about anytime... Sometimes my lovely housemate and I drive here just to get one! {image}

Sometimes I wonder if they realize how often I come here! {image}

Game night. Cool. They also feature local artists on the walls...each month is a new talent, providing nice things to stare at while taking breaks from writing papers or studying. {image}
~

Free wireless, good tunes, and fresh, healthy, tasty food and drink keeps this place quite busy and popular. Interesting people come here, as well as adorable families and children--it makes for a nice mix. I don't think I have taken anyone here who didn't like True Grounds and its welcoming, unpretentious aesthetic space. Most of you who read this don't even really need to be told this, as you already frequent this gem of a spot. But it's too great not to post about. In fact...I am sitting here as I write this.

If you've never been:
True Grounds
717 Broadway Somerville, MA 02144

1 comment:

  1. uhhh just read that and drooled. which reminded me, i don't know if i ever told you but i did some stalking shortly after winter bash and also drooled when i saw what you wore. you are fashion.

    love you too.

    ReplyDelete