2.12.2009

Long Weekend Adventure...ALL of the senses

Presidents' day weekend is coming up and I'm headed out for a little tour of some of the most important metropolitan cities in which our founding fathers probably (okay, definitely) spent some time hanging around in...leaving from Boston, making it down to New York and on to Washington, DC!


City sidewalks here we come...and a little love for a certain day that is coming up!
{image found here}

I love travel adventures and road trips...{image found here}

My friend Leah and I probably won't look exactly like this (maybe someday?), but we are headed to the same place.
[FACT: Leah does own a hat like that] {kate spade ad}

~~

There is something about going on an adventure and shaking up the routine of every day life that makes me appreciate freedom and what it feels like. The possibility of going where ever the moment takes you is truly something to be grateful for. I love going to cities (particularly New York) without any sort of set plan, and just exploring and letting the energy of the place carry me. I could walk around forever, just people watching, listening to the noise and conversations... Going solo or with a friend, I like both equally. Although--traveling is often best done with someone who has similar sensibilities to your own (this I have found out the hard way). Leah and I plan to make most of our meals in the apartment we are staying in, but pay for our liquids (i.e., coffee, tea, wine?) thus increasing our opportunities to perch in cool cafes, lounges and bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment