3.16.2010

Grateful Goodness


I think it's easy sometimes to get bogged down with the things we wish were true, or focusing too much on the things that we don't have. Our world presents so much sad and bad, sometimes it can be very consuming and I think it's helpful to pause sometimes and appreciate the good...Whether that be the things that DO make you happy, the things you are grateful for, or just in the moment what doesn't suck (that could be more eloquent, but that's really what I mean).


I find it really important to remain gracious of even the littlest things in your life, because it's easy to get swept up in the frustrations, challenges and struggles of day-to-day and forget the good stuff. The seemingly insignificant (but often important) things we are grateful for are the very things that carry us through and it's helpful to recognize them--whether it be daily, in your head, in a journal, or every once in a while on a scrap piece of paper. It's a good exercise and has at times helped me a lot.


Right this second, I am grateful for:

1. The sun that is coming through the window as I type this. (The weather has been dreary and terrible the past few days).

2. Local coffee shops in a big city that make it feel like a community actually exists! (The owner of the place I am, Bluebird Coffee Shop, just chatted up some customers and they were all on first name basis.)

3. The comfortable feeling I have after my parents visit...like they've recharged my batteries. (Thanks for visiting me Mom&Dad)

4. Clean laundry! (Yay for today)

5. Hints of Spring (like little green things popping up) and remembering the idea that Spring does eventually come at some point.

6. Hearts and other shapes in the milk of cappuccinos & lattes

7. Plans with my roommate to go on an exploration run together after work today. (She is one of my favorite running partners).

8. Marinated chicken. (What is currently going on in my fridge. It makes it so much more delicious)

9. The new songs I just bought on itunes...I love walking around while taking in new tunes.

10. Anticipating a few quality days with my brother when he visits (4 days!).

Dare you to try it!

Have a lovely day.






















*I want to make a daisy chain now that Spring is near!


{images via}

No comments:

Post a Comment