3.29.2010

Taste #6: Craving...Pretzels


This weekend I drove through a bit of Pennsylvania and upon crossing the state line, I stated thinking about German pretzels. Hmm... I don't know that this has ever happened before, but it did and that is how I knew I probably needed to fulfill a craving (some cravings are silly, this one, I took very seriously).



Perhaps I was primed by the fact that when my brother was visiting last weekend, I finally noticed (good thing!) the pretzel shop around the corner from my apartment (literally, around the corner. Right around). Sigmund Pretzel Shop.


{image}

I wanted to try it with my brother, but there were just too many culinary attractions that we had to attend to in the city to fit in some soft pretzels (and into our jeans). So how good can a soft pretzel really be you ask?

Really, really, really good... I'm not hating on street vendor pretzels, but the pretzels at Sigmunds are the real deal and definitely worth the trip (if it's not around the corner from you), the price ($3.50 per pretzel) and the carb overload.

*Each pretzel comes with a free dip of your choice, and they have a lot of choices: whipped butter, wholegrain mustard, honey mustard, beet-horseradish mayo, herb goat cheese, cream cheese, nutella

{image}

This is the adorable woman that got my pretzel all ready for me to consume. I think she fits right in there and makes it that much more of an enjoyable experience!

They have pretzel sandwiches which are also divine. Fortunately, I have an adventurous and lovely roommate that likes to try new things with me. We do a lot of splitting of things to maximize tasting and stomach space.

Pretzel flavors: salted, caraway, poppy, sesame, jalapeno cheddar, gruyere paprika, seven chile, garlic parsley, cinnamon raisin, caramel pecan...

Sigmund Pretzel 29 Avenue B
(between 2nd and 3rd)
*not open on Mondays


NYtimes write up



Happy Monday!





1 comment:

  1. Yummy! These look delicious... I miss you & hope all is well with all your visitors! xx/liz

    ReplyDelete